Cucumber Boats: The Perfect Snack
[naturally gluten + dairy free]
2-3 tablespoons clean hummus [note: read the ingredient label. You should recognize ALL of the ingredients, and some brands I’ve seen come nowhere close to a real food]
4 baby tomatoes, sliced
Other great add-ins to customize your snack boats: arugula, shredded carrots, kalamata olives, chopped celery, roasted red peppers, pine nuts. Mashed avocado would also make a great filling, as would babaganoush and other healthy spreads.
Directions: Peel cucumber and slice off the ends. With a spoon, scoop out the seeds and discard. Spread a bit of hummus inside, add your tomatoes and arugula (or other toppings). Sprinkle with pepper. Smile. You’re done. Healthy food in less than 2 minutes.
Please send me an email if you tried this! I'd love your feedback! JacsFigureonFit@gmail.com! If you added, changed, deleted, let me know your thoughts! Bon Appetit! ~Coach Jacque
SWEET POTATO WEDGES WITH NO HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
Just 30 minutes start to finish and the whole recipe (including sauce) requires just 7 ingredients!
If you give these wedges + sauce a try, let us know how you like them! Leave a comment and rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #minimalistbaker on Instagram! We love seeing what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 25 mins
Total time 30 mins
30-minute roasted sweet potato wedges with creamy "no honey" mustard dipping sauce! Savory, sweet and so healthy and delicious.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Appetizer, Snack (Side Dish with Turkey Burgers animal style - Coach Jacque)
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 3 large, organic sweet potatoes, sliced into thick wedges (skin on)
- 2 Tbsp avocado or melted coconut oil (any neutral oil with a high smoke point)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + pinch black pepper
“HONEY” MUSTARD SAUCE
- 2 tbsp creamy salted cashew butter (or sub tahini, although I much preferred the cashew butter for a more neutral flavor)
- 1 Tbsp spicy mustard
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (or sub agave or honey if not vegan)
- pinch each salt and pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp unsweetened original almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- Toss sweet potatoes in oil until all sides are well coated. Season with salt and pepper and toss once more, then arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet (if crowded, use two baking sheets).
- Bake for a total of 25 minutes, or until golden brown and tender, flipping once at the halfway point to ensure even cooking.
- While baking, prepare dipping sauce by whisking together cashew butter, mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Thin with almond milk (or water) until pourable.
- Serve sweet potato wedges with no honey mustard dipping sauce! Best when fresh, though leftovers keep in the fridge, covered, for up to a few days. Reheat in the oven.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1/4 of recipe with dipping sauce.
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe Calories: 259 Fat: 5g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 51g Sugar: 6.6g Sodium: 319mg Fiber: 6.6g Protein: 3.8g
Another great recipe:
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Squash Recipe
SERVES: 4 PREP: 20 min. COOK: 45 min.
- 2 small spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeded;
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded;
- 2 bell peppers, diced;
- 1 red onion, diced;
- 1 garlic clove, minced;
- Homemade fresh salsa;
- Green onions, sliced;
- Olive oil;
- Cooking fat (either more olive oil or another Paleo cooking fat);
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
Simple Enchilada Sauce Ingredients
- 8 oz. tomato sauce;
- 1 cup water;
- ¼ cup chili powder;
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin;
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder;
- ¼ tsp. onion powder;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Brush the inner flesh of the spaghetti squash with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast, skin side up, for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Next, make the sauce. In a saucepan placed over medium heat, stir together the tomato sauce, water, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 10 minutes.
- During the last few minutes of cooking the sauce, melt some cooking fat in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the garlic and onion for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Combine the chicken, enchilada sauce, and peppers and onions. Mix everything together, and cook until everything is warmed through.
- Divide the mixture equally between the spaghetti squash. Place the stuffed squash in the oven and broil 3 to 5 minutes.
- Served topped with fresh salsa and green onions.